Take a look inside! Preservation Open House dates are May 19 and 20.
Join us for a special Open House in honor of National Preservation Month at Fair Lane, Home of Clara & Henry Ford, on May 19 and 20.
The extensive restoration projects continue and now you can see what we’ve been up to inside the house.
At the Open House, you will learn about first-floor projects, including:
- The fully recreated Sun Porch – which looks just as Henry and Clara Ford knew it.
- The paint removal from the wooden paneling and elements in the Music Room and Living Room.
- The recreation of the marble fireplace surround in the Billiard Room.
- Stone cleaning, painting and more in the Pool Room.
- Ceiling restoration in the Library.
- Painting, ceiling leafing, light fixture restoration in the Main Hall.
- Plus many more projects going on throughout the home, as well as on the grounds.
Space is limited. Tours will be offered on Saturday, May 19, between 9 AM and 2 PM, and Sunday, May 20, between noon and 3 p.m. Cost is $5, children 10 and under are free and do not need a ticket. Guests will be able to stroll the grounds, as well. If you are visiting on Saturday, May 19, don't forget to stop by our annual Plant Sale & Garden Market, run by our Fair Lane Garden Volunteers.
Purchase tickets for Saturday, MAY 19 here.
Purchase tickets for Sunday, MAY 20 here.